Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A day without Electricity

One night after work, I fell asleep and I woke up the the next morning on December 3rd around 4p.m. After I woke up, I spent the rest of the day without any electricity. Thank goodness my aunt is very conservative on electricity, so I was able to just sit and talk to her. She talked to me about how she escaped from the mother land and her journey to America. I never knew my family went through so much to get to America. My family actually sailed on a wooden board to Thailand, one by one. Later, my mom came home and joined in on the conversation while my Aunt was making the family food. After spending sometime with my family, I played with a baby that I babysit. His name is Nickson. We just played around the house and we played with his baby toys. Nickson had to go home a couple hours after and it was already 10pm. I just laid in bed and eventually fell asleep. Its crazy when you don't use any electricity because I started to reflect on my life and started to think about how I can become what I want to be and how am I going to get there. I guess I was just thinking about where I was going in life. After this project, I learned that electricity distracts us from the real world. Electricity sparks the TV, laptop, cars, etc. It was good to take time to put it all aside and just think about how I lived my life. Opened my eyes more to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment